Beautiful island style furnishings fill these two luxury homes. Makua Kai offers two vacation homes featuring 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, formal dining room table, casual outdoor dining on the lanai, air conditioning, and high speed internet. The houses are available individually and provide a beautiful private escape for your ocean side adventure or you may want to rent them both for a family reunion, small business conference, or group of friends.
• Air Conditioning
• Tropical style fans in all main rooms
• Ocean views from living room, kitchen and master bedroom
• Beachfront - located on a stunningly beautiful tropical beach with swimming and snorkeling
• Spacious raised lanai (covered porch) with full ocean views and BBQ
• Australian beachwood floors
• White plantation style shutters
• 75" TV in living room, TV's in one guest room and the master bedroom
• European style front loading washer/dryer
• Tommy Bahama furnishings
• Brown Jordan outdoor furniture
• Picnic ware for BBQ and casual dining
• Lush landscaping, walking paths and garden reading area
• Beach chairs, mats, children's beach toys
• Outdoor shower with hot & cold water for rinsing after the ocean
Bed, Bath & Kitchen
• Private master suite with ocean views
• One king bed, two queens, all with high count cotton sheets
• Granite counter tops throughout
• Side-by-side refrigerator/freezer, oven, convection microwave, dishwasher, toaster, blender and Krupps coffee maker
• Hawaiian style dishes and glassware for 8; bamboo style silverware
• Travertine marble in all baths
• Oversized tub and glass block shower with dual shower heads
Makua Kai is located on the lush north shore of Kauai, the Garden Island. Kauai is known as the most naturally beautiful island in the Hawaiian chain, as yet unsullied by modern development. It is the oldest island of Hawaii and has towering mountains, scenic canyons and spectacular waterfalls.
Makua Kai is just minutes from the town of Hanalei and beachfront to Tunnels Beach, the best snorkeling location on the island. The Na Pali Coast Trail and Kee Beach, are 2 miles from the property. The famous Princeville Resort (golf, tennis, spa, and restaurants) and Hanalei Bay Resorts are just 20 minutes away. The north shore of Kauai offers a multitude of fine restaurants and daily activities; a list of recommendations will be available to you for your stay.
At Makua Kai, you can escape to "old Hawaii" amongst towering kamani and ironwoods trees, swaying palms and turquoise ocean. Savor the moment of this relaxed tropical paradise while lounging on the lanai and watching the sun set after a glorious day of ocean play.
Each home has been given its special name by a Hawaiian kahuna. One home is named "Ka Hale Kaiola" which means the House of Healing Waters. The other home is named "Hale O Naue" the ancient Hawaiian name for this area. Bali Hai Peak (locally known as Mount Makana), made famous from the movie "South Pacific", is viewable from one of the homes.
County of Kauai Registered Vacation Rental #TVNC1200
HI TAT #TA-009-657-9584-01. On island emergency contact only 808-639-2960.